Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Product Review: Korres First Wrinkles Day Cream, Creation's Garden Conditioner with Soy Peptides, Sukin Protein Shampoo and Ionix Deep Treatment

Whoa that's a long blog title. Well, having resisted oh so strongly until yesterday, I decided I was long overdue a little shopping trip. I am still in Oxfordshire so I was rather limited in choice but I am a loyal fan of TK Maxx. My local one is beautifully organised and lacks the jumble sale feel of some of the London ones. As I'm all out of my Aussie Miricle Shine shampoo and conditioner, I headed straight for the cosmetics and picked up a new shampoo, conditioner and deep treatment. Whilst perusing, the Korres Magnolia Bark First Wrinkles Day Cream caught my eye - I'm a sucker for anything that looks scientific. I did briefly google all the products to see if there were any reviews of the products online but, being TK Maxx, these products seem not to be massively well known. There was nothing overly negative online though, so I decided to commit.


I bought: Korres Magnolia Bark First Wrinkle Day Cream, Ionix Deep Treatment with Argan Oil, Sukin Protein Shampoo, Creation's Garden Conditioner with Soy Peptides.

This cream looks so stylish - I loove the nude colour, and smells divine!! Not overly perfumed or even of anything in particular but I just want to slather it all over my face, all the time. I read somewhere that it has been especially formulated to go under makeup so it isn't greasy and soaks in really fast. It feels really lux and almost like a primer, which I love. My skin stays soft all day and I am pretty sure it even helps my makeup stay on longer. For £7 for 40ml it's not cheap BUT I know the jar will last a long time and it is still cheaper than some of the primers I have bought before, that don't do half as much as this does. Amazing. It was such a spontaneous purchase but I fully recommend!


 Ah. Now, my hair is naturally wavy and frizzy. I have to straighten it every day and I am always on the look out for a miricle that is going to tame my locks, leaving me with shiny swooshy hair that I don't need to straighten (think Kate Middleton - ultimate hair idol). I bought this because I've used argan oil for a while now and its really helped my hair - I hoped this would have a more intense effect on my hair and leave me with my dream hair. Alas this is not a miricle product. It did not make my hair any silkier or shinier than normal (as it claims to) and after washing out and drying, I was left with a residue. On no planet is residue ever a good thing. It doesn't even smell nice. This was £12 and I honestly want to return it (darn you TK Maxx for not accepting cosmetic returns). I know this will just sit in my bathroom untouched, until I forget how rubbish it is and attempt to use it again. (I should have known it was going to be rubbish, "treatment" on the tub isn't even spelt right!)


I picked this up because it's carbon neutral, full of natural ingredients and claims to reconstruct the hair. This product can be summed up in one word. Meh. It makes my hair feel a bit brittle and dry at the ends but I am told this is normal for products containing protein. Once the hair is dry, it does not feel brittle or dry but it doesn't feel at all special. Although it smells quite nice (think of an organic spa) the smell fades really fast. I used it both yesterday and today - just in the name of fairness, and still meh. It's not worth the £7.99 I paid - I will be sticking with Aussie in the future.

I settled on this product because it claims to be moisturizing and restorative and smells expensive. It detangled my hair and left it feeling smooth. It did nothing to help my frizz when my hair dried and the smell has gone too, in fact my hair smells a bit like fried food. Which is not what a girl wants in a conditioner. However, on the instructions on the back, it does make a note of saying that it takes a few uses to see any effects, and after just 2 uses it may be premature to judge. I'm pretty sure I am going to stick with this one, even though again I've not seen any real changes or even any effects at all. I wouldn't recommend it, but now I've bought it I feel I need to persevere. I will update you if suddenly it revolutionises my hair.

A long title to match a long post, so to finish on a lighter note, here are some photos of me pulling silly faces with big, wild hair.

Do you have any recommendations to give me K-Midd hair?

1 comment: