Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

An Indian and a promise.

Some may think that getting lost in London 15 minutes before you're supposed to meet a friend is hell, but yesterday it was the perfect way to discover some seriously cool new places. I spend a lot of my time around Tottenham Court Road, Gower Street and even Oxford Street but I've never headed west of TCR before. Last night, I realised I'd really been missing a trick. It is full of the cutest cafes, little romantic restaurants and even A YOG! (Girl loves her fro-yo). My promise to myself, and to you, is to go west more and check out some of the places I stumbled across on my walkings...

Oxford Street still rocking the Christmas decs. Luckily the restaurant was just a hop skip and a jump from Oxford Street and all my exploring had left me hungry!! Sagar is a South-Indian vegetarian restaurant that is cheap as chips (or curry in this case) and is definitely nothing like your usual naan and a chicken tikka type places. We ordered a plain dosa (a rice and lentil pancake), raitha, onion sambar (a tomato-y curry with a really thin consistancy) and bhel puri, which we ordered because we didn't know what it was, and I still don't really...





The food was so tasty and something slightly different for a Tuesday evening. It didn't feel too heavy and we left with enough room for a Yog. However, the yellow decor and poor lighting did not please this amatuer shutterbug. I love getting loads of different dishes and sharing, it makes going out for supper so much more sociable than just getting one dish each. Miriam and I have a pact that we meet every other Tuesday and try something new in London - we both love all the galleries and museums but are never free until about 6 which rather limits our activities! If you know of any good late opening galleries, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment